In order for users to access the data stored on the database, they will need an account configured on each cluster. There are two ways to create an account on the cluster to provide access:
1) Upon Civis Platform Account Creation
- A database account is automatically created for any clusters that the Primary Group has access to when creating a new user.
2) Manually in Query
- Admins/superusers have the ability to manually create accounts on a cluster.
- Use the following code to create a Database account via Query:
create user <insert Platform username> password 'TempPass1234!';
- Users will need to reset their Database Password in order for these changes to take affect:
- Navigate to My Profile
- Complete the "Change Database Password" form on the right side
- Additional documentation on the "create user" command can be found here for Redshift and here for Postgres.