As a prerequisite for adding a BigQuery Credential, you’ll need to have a BigQuery Remote Host set up. Please refer to Add a New Database to do so.
Follow these instructions to create a Platform database credential for connecting with BigQuery:
- Create a service account for BigQuery. We recommend creating this account in your BigQuery billing project.
- The service account should have the following minimum required permissions:
- Create a JSON key for the service account.
- Follow these instructions to create a credential in Platform:
- Name: Whatever is useful to you, the service account name is a good option.
- Type: “Database”
- Username: The service account name.
- Password: The entire JSON blob of the service account key.
- Note: Please ensure that all values are present which includes the opening and closing curly braces. If the key is not included in its entirety, Civis Platform may fail to connect to your Google Service Account.
- Description: Optional. Whatever is useful to you; can be used to store the key ID.
- Remote Host: Select your BigQuery database .
- Default: “True”
- Note: This is important as it will tell Platform to automatically use this credential for all queries to your selected BigQuery remote host.