Welcome to Civis! Now that you've set up your Civis password and enabled two-factor authentication, you're almost ready to get started. But first let's go over some of the basics about navigating the platform.
- The current version of Google Chrome is the browser officially supported by Civis. Other browsers may work but are not explicitly tested.
- Our account recovery policy and process can be found here.
- Review the Client Handbook to understand how we, the Client Success team, partner with you.
What's on the Home Page
You'll see two tabs related to your Civis work:
- Activity: A list of jobs and their statuses. You can filter to specific job statuses by clicking on the appropriate label. You can change the sorting and filtering options to best suit your needs.
- Projects: User-created collections of Civis objects.
This is your menu for accessing all Civis functionality. Click on each functionality to get more details and instruction.
- Home: Return to the Civis home page.
- Projects: Create and manage collections of Civis objects.
- Query: Our in-browser SQL client where you can write and execute ad hoc queries.
Next to the navigation pane is the data pane that displays the data on your Redshift cluster. You can search for specific tables, expand schemas to see table names, expand tables to see column names, and click on table names to view detailed information about the data in a table.
- Search: Search for any of your work in Civis, including column names, jobs, results, tables, Tableau reports, and usernames.
- Announcements: Get notified of recent changes to Civis. Release notes can also be found here in the help desk.
- Settings: Change your password, update 2FA settings, or generate a Civis API Key .
Help documentation is available by clicking on the Help button in the bottom-right corner of the page. For more information about the Help Center Portal, click here .
Unsure of the definition of a certain term or feature? Visit our glossary.
Not quite ready to start your own project? Complete our self-guided tutorial to walk through a project workflow step by step.